Change Mode

NEW PC

Hello guys,

Its been a very long time since ive posted here, been extremely busy.

Anyways i need some advice from the pros here.

I have come across an extreme lump of money and need a new pc, so the question is what to get?

Im a Crazygamer and i burn alot of movies and dvdr.I Encode alot of dvd's and i unrar alot of files. And since i can now afford whatever i need i will be joining you guys in the overclocking madness. So keep this in mind.

Need the following

CPU

MOBO

HD's ( RAID 0 + storage)

PSU

MEMORY

VIDEO (SLI)

COOLING

CASE

SPEAKERS

MONITOR

PS i want to stay in the single processor market not quad opterons or quad xenons lol and avoiding SCSI also that wouldnt be fair would it lol

Thanks guys

For what you are saying you do with your computer you would be better off with a dual core for encoding. Here is a list of thihngs I would buy for such a system if money were no object but also not wasting any.

CPU- AMD 4800+ dual core

Mobo- DFI NF4 SLI-DR

HD's 2x WD raptor 74g Raid 0, 400gb seagate sata for storage

PSU- PcPower&Cooling 510 SLI Deluxe

Memory Crucial 2x1 gig tracer for a total of 2gigs

Video cards 2xany 7800gtx, IE XFX 7800 GTX Over Clock

Cooling/case- Really a personal preference, any mid/full tower all aluminum case with lots of fans, 120mm fans are better/quieter

Speakers-Logitech Z5500, best for the money

Monitor- I hate dell but the FP2405 is a good deal 24" wide screen 1920x1600 res

I will try to put some links when time allows

Gryph

i agree with all what gryph has recomended, although if money was no object and i wanted to overclock i would deffinatly get some form of extreme cooling like vapochill, also i would probably go with 4 74GB raptor drives in RAID 0 for best HDD performance.

For what you are saying you do with your computer you would be better off with a dual core for encoding. Here is a list of thihngs I would buy for such a system if money were no object but also not wasting any.

CPU- AMD 4800+ dual core

Mobo- DFI NF4 SLI-DR

HD's 2x WD raptor 74g Raid 0, 400gb seagate sata for storage

PSU- PcPower&Cooling 510 SLI Deluxe

Memory Crucial 2x1 gig tracer for a total of 2gigs

Video cards 2xany 7800gtx, IE XFX 7800 GTX Over Clock

Cooling/case- Really a personal preference, any mid/full tower all aluminum case with lots of fans, 120mm fans are better/quieter

Speakers- Klipsch ProMedia Ultra's

Monitor- I hate dell but the FP2405 is a good deal 24" wide screen 1920x1600 res

I will try to put some links when time allows

Gryph

added to Gryph's post :)

Sound Card?

Edited by OneCool

looks good guys, my only concern is the 2 gigs of crucial tracer isnt ocz vx gold better for ocing on that mobo, and is the 4800 x2 good for games also. yeah i forgot the sound card and optical drives lol. I want a cpu that will overclock really well with some superb ram for overclocking and gaming. Thx gryph nice system dammm.....

If you want really good overclocking you are better off with 2x512 OCZ PC4800 but if you are going to be encoding and stuff there has to be a compromise somewhere, I have read a few good threads on the crucial tracer 1g sticks being the best oc'ing 1g sticks. Also you cant go wrong with a VapoChill LS but if it is an everyday all the time machine I would avoid phasechange. Air would be less trouble and less likly to fry something.

Sound card- wait for the Creative X-Fi cards, use the onboard 7.1 til then

Opical drives- Nec 3540 dual layer DVD burners get the best reviews for the past year and are really cheap, like 45 bucks.

Gryph

You didn't say it on your list, but if you need a keyboard and mouse:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...e&s=pc&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=507846

They aren't released out, so stick with some cheaper ones (basic mouse/keyboard) or whatever you have right now.

People are saying many various release dates, so i'm guessing sometime in october.

This site says today: http://www.cdromshop.com/cdshop/w95/pub/logitech.html

looks good guys, my only concern is the 2 gigs of crucial tracer isnt ocz vx gold better for ocing on that mobo, and is the 4800 x2 good for games also. yeah i forgot the sound card and optical drives lol. I want a cpu that will overclock really well with some superb ram for overclocking and gaming. Thx gryph nice system dammm.....

the 4800+ is great for gaming as are most of the dual core chips, especially as soon games are gonna switch to be multi core so for a gamer dual core is gonna be much better in the long run.