Sign in to follow this  
Champion_Munch

Everyone seems to have left... :(

Can't imagine mods and admins not being able to communicate about what's going on at The Pit.

Neither can I. It's the nature of that communication that troubles me

Communication should be done in public. It worked in the past and your newfangled ideas have proven not only insufficienct, but downright poisonous to public concord.

I

:P

You know Iain?

You are dead right, Mate!

Management of the Pit made a BIG Mistake and is still making it!

It will take a long time for the Pit to return to it's old Glory!

Most of the missing Members are just sitting quitely, watching what is happening, feeling very Sad, Mate!

:beer: :beer:

Communication should be done in public. It worked in the past and your newfangled ideas have proven not only insufficienct, but downright poisonous to public concord.

I

When management holds meeting, they don't do it in front of the employees or the public??? :blink:

When management holds meeting, they don't do it in front of the employees or the public??? :blink:

Well... this isn't a job. I'm sure as hell not an employee here.

Most of the missing Members are just sitting quitely, watching what is happening, feeling very Sad, Mate!

You mean watching the peace and harmony and feeling sad?

You mean watching the peace and harmony and feeling sad?

Peace, yes. Harmony... I dunno...

Nothing is harmonious about people scared into surpressing their personalities. :lol:

Well... this isn't a job. I'm sure as hell not an employee here.

So you mean to tell me that you think that "Ol' Johnny Boy" is causing a stir at the pit that they are just supposed to discuss that in GD in front of everyone? They are supposed to discuss that members fate? :rolleyes:

Hey,

Management can do what ever they want behind closed doors, Mate!

It is how they interact with the Staff and the General Public shows how GOOD they are!

I am not critising anyone, just putting in my $0.02 worth.

Guess I am entitled to do that?

So you mean to tell me that you think that "Ol' Johnny Boy" is causing a stir at the pit that they are just supposed to discuss that in GD in front of everyone?  They are supposed to discuss that members fate?  :rolleyes:

Do I really speak a foreign language when I come here. Seems that everytime I say something to someone they take what I say and run with it. I didn't say I agreed with Iain. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. I'm not an employee here - that is all I said and all I mean.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Edited by Neo X1

Do I really speak a foreign language when I come here. Seems that everytime I say something to someone they take what I say and run with it. I didn't say I agreed with Iain. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. I'm not an employee here - that is all I said and all I mean.

This is incredibly frustrating.

No wonder people are not Posting!

(andromeda @ September 30th, 2005, 10:06 AM)

When management holds meeting, they don't do it in front of the employees or the public???

Well... this isn't a job. I'm sure as hell not an employee here

Then maybe a member of the public?

Edited by andromeda

Well, I for one am not into suppression of ideas and personalities. But I am into upholding and enforcing the Forum Rules, and I guess babysitting malcontents is part of the job as well. But when it becomes so unmanageable as a result of insults being hurled around, and from personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, and arguments, then it becomes necessary to clean house. As Admins and Moderators, we didn't create the scenario that necessitated the house cleaning, the malcontents did. -kd5-

Well, I for one am not into suppression of ideas and personalities. But I am into upholding and enforcing the Forum Rules, and I guess babysitting malcontents is part of the job as well. But when it becomes so unmanageable as a result of insults being hurled around, and from personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, and arguments, then it becomes necessary to clean house. As Admins and Moderators, we didn't create the scenario that necessitated the house cleaning, the malcontents did. -kd5-

That damn SirT, he was quite the hellion :rolleyes: People here have been banned or suspended because a moderator had a difference of opinion that was totally unrelated to the rules. Some of the moderators are just too strongly opinionated in my opinion to do a fair and unbiased job moderating. It wasn't the hellions that were being banned, it was the people with strong opinions. The bleeding hearts that come here didn't understand the concept of general discussions and they blew everything out of proportion. I will admit that sometimes a thread would get a little carried away, however for the most part people remained civil until someone that couldn't stomach the topic got carried away and blew everything out of proportion.

I thought that all the stink was over IP addys and personal info being handed out to other forums ..by one or two moderators .......

ah well ....

all happy clappy ...now .... I guess .......

Ive had he plumber in this morning .....turnsout that my water supply from the street mains into the house runs through 15mm lead piping ..... must have cost me a few brain cells over the years ....... good job most of my fluid intake is brewed ..... Dam pipe was buried 1.5m down ..... So Ive now got a poly pipe upto the the house boundary ....but then its still a 3m streatch of lead ...to the centre of the street where the mains are ....... must be about ...130 years old ....cant touch that though

ramble on ........heh .......Korns on Kerrang ...! ...good stuff

Hey Tankus--- years ago, in my old home town, Rochester Mich., the water pipe from the street to a house on the corner of Fifth and Pine broke and they had to dig it up, to replace it. This was happening a lot during a five year period after a new water tower had been built and added to the town system. The old pipes couldn't take the added pressure from the new tower, so they protested the only way they could.

The pipe in question was dug out and replaced, but looked funny to the crew of guys , all under 30 yrs old, so they took the 'bad' pipe to one of the retired DPW workers. The pipe was made from cedar, and was installed during the early 1900's when the town water system was brought on line. It had lasted 60 years burried 5 feet under, we have to bury water and sewer deep enough to resist freezing, and would have lasted several more years had the pressure remained stable ..

A lot of lead was replaced over those years too...

Ive never heard of wood pipes before ....how on earth do you treat it so it doesn't rot .....?

my street mains is probably cast iron ......thames water is replacing them as fast as they fail ...which is a regular occurrence in London

Cedar wood has 'cedar oil' in it -- it preserves the wood if it is in a stable environment, such as being burried over 60 inches in sandy gravel that drains well.

This stops deterioration from the outside, and the water, under pressure, won't rot the wood from the inside. It must have been wire wrapped to begin with, but the wire wrapping had rusted away a long time ago..

:P:P

That damn SirT, he was quite the hellion  :rolleyes:  People here have been banned or suspended because a moderator had a difference of opinion that was totally unrelated to the rules.  Some of the moderators are just too strongly opinionated in my opinion to do a fair and unbiased job moderating.  It wasn't the hellions that were being banned, it was the people with strong opinions.  The bleeding hearts that come here didn't understand the concept of general discussions and they blew everything out of proportion.  I will admit that sometimes a thread would get a little carried away, however for the most part people remained civil until someone that couldn't stomach the topic got carried away and blew everything out of proportion.

I didn't read all the posts but did someone mention SirT, I don't think he's banned is he? He just gets rowdy sometimes and has to be punishedPosted Image:lol:

I didn't read all the posts but did someone mention SirT, I don't think he's banned is he? He just gets rowdy sometimes and has to be punishedPosted Image:lol:

Sir T is not banned. He was in some trouble here but was never banned

...   It wasn't the hellions that were being banned, it was the people with strong opinions.  The bleeding hearts that come here didn't understand the concept of general discussions and they blew everything out of proportion.  I will admit that sometimes a thread would get a little carried away, however for the most part people remained civil until someone that couldn't stomach the topic got carried away and blew everything out of proportion.

Nope, it's people with strong opinions that lack the self control to express themselves within the guidelines established by the rules that end up getting banned or suspended.

All this talk about surpressing personalities, freedom of speech, tyrannical moderators, etc is just a smokescreen to divert attention away from Rule #2:

Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

As far as

People here have been banned or suspended because a moderator had a difference of opinion that was totally unrelated to the rules.  Some of the moderators are just too strongly opinionated in my opinion to do a fair and unbiased job moderating.

I can't recall an instance where I was aware of that kind of behavior...

Are you thinking of a specific incident?

Nope, it's people with strong opinions that lack the self control to express themselves within the guidelines established by the rules that end up getting banned or suspended.

All this talk about surpressing personalities, freedom of speech, tyrannical moderators, etc is just a smokescreen to divert attention away from Rule #2:

As far as I can't recall an instance where I was aware of that kind of behavior...

Are you thinking of a specific incident?

IntelGuy?

At the risk of being Banned here I will respond to your query!

I do not Comment to cause Trouble, just to head off Trouble that MAY, come if I say NOTHING!

During the Saga of GD, one particular thing stuck to my mind, at the time.

There was a well Documented incident, involving a Member from the Pit and a Moderator, exchanging Views! The Views expressed by the Moderator were not in the best Interests of the Pit! Sorry!

That is in our Past, I hope?

It will take a long time for the Pit to recover from this! Best for all People to do, is to step back, let the Healing take place, and get on with Life! Mods and Admin? Learn from your Mistakes and your Wins, just REMEMBER? The PIT Rides on your Shoulders!

:geezer::geezer:

When the going gets tough, go weed the garden!

There is a time to just sit on your hands, and step away from the keyboard.

I'm still learning it all too!!

But, I enjoy a good intense discussion!!

The act of putting my thoughts on paper (so to speak) tends to clarify those thoughts, and the discussions were a vehicle for that. The abusive posts got ignored, but the other persons thinking did have value.

I feel that so many of the angry posts were not things that had been well thought out, but rather were things said out of loyalty to religions, political movements and various asundary persuits. None seemed to be ideas that had been formulated from careful thought and consideration of how the consequence may have affected others.. :geezer:

I'll give that post a 8.9 on the 10 scale...

I keep my replies short most of the time..but that pretty much hit the nail on the head.

theoldgardener ......

so basically the chippy could build your house and do the plumbing ......cool .........U bends must be a work of art