Sign in to follow this  
Champion_Munch

Everyone seems to have left... :(

It's a little boring in GD these days but I say good riddance to those that were causing problems here. The admins. here were trying to give those a chance to straighten up but they just wouldn't. If ya miss them, I think we all know where they went to :P I for one don't miss them!Posted Image "Buubye!"

Question for those who say its boring now. What would not be boring and still maintain the quality of the site and stay within the rules?

Compared to what was happening previously I will agree that it appears boring but after you watch a fourth of July fireworks party, most other firework partys would seem boring.

Are locking threads and arguments and fighting the thing that makes it not boring?

if not, what would make it 'not boring' and still stay within the rules?

Personally, I prefer it this way and I am sure there will be fireworks in the future. I believe its cyclical.

(JMHO)

Are locking threads and arguments and fighting the thing that makes it not boring?

Not at all. I'm glad alot of that sh-- stirring crap and the ones who liked to stir it are gone... ;)

Seems quite peaceful around here to me, may even seem boring if you really let it, but I prefer this to the alternative... :) -kd5-

i wouldnt say the pit is boring just a lot of the people who pushed members around are not here, good riddance i say there is nothing better than peace among everything B)

Not at all. I'm glad alot of that sh-- stirring crap and the ones who liked to stir it are gone... ;)

Seems quite peaceful around here to me, may even seem boring if you really let it, but I prefer this to the alternative... :) -kd5-

Yup, I can agree to that.

I am not going to post any names, but we all know who they are.

It doesn't seem to be a dramatic as before, which I think is a good change.

I just try to stay out of the political and religious threads because if I learned anything, I am more conservative then I thought. I read most of them but just do not reply to something that is going to be taken the wrong way. It's good to have a different perspective on issues in the world.

Yep, the religious and polital threads get out of hand because everyone wants to change the other's mind and that simply doesn't happen. I do not believe in organized religion myself but I know that many would find that offensive so I certainly don't try to tell someone who is Christian/etc. that they are wrong! :geezer:

I feel the political and other debatable topics bring out the worst in all of us including myself. I have learned that despite everybody's beliefs you all have something in common, that you are all a great bunch of folks. I think that we all have the ability to make the pit the way it use to be, where we didn't look at our differences, but our similarities as human beings.

Cheers :beer:

heh.....ands me ....!........ lurking in the background ...alwraht mah son ....!

Might post more now ...as Ive cut back on the prozac

we have lost some good people here, I will admit that alot of the trolls have left but also alot of great insightful people have left also.

we have lost some good people here, I will admit that alot of the trolls have left but also alot of great insightful people have left also.

I do agree, and hope the good people come back. But we did need to flush the troublemakers out. Looks like it's working.

It took a really sensitive issue for me to post here, and then I wasn't happy doing it. I now feel like I can post what I want without body armor on. NICE!!

I do agree, and hope the good people come back. But we did need to flush the troublemakers out. Looks like it's working.

It took a really sensitive issue for me to post here, and then I wasn't happy doing it. I now feel like I can post what I want without body armor on. NICE!!

:tup: :tup:

To get that good feeling, is proof that this place is better than it was before, although it has the potential to be EVEN BETTER!

Just more riff-raff, huh Brandon? Damn teens anyway! Drug using anti-socials.

Wait, that was me back in 1970! :lol:

Yeah, I'm so choked up on pot...you know, being a teen and all... :lol:

Anywho, I do agree that it's been quieter, but things do change, and we might as well make the best of it. I'm not going to leave because there's nobody to argue with, that's not why I joined the pit in the first place! It's a shame so many did just that.

I don't get that good feeling anymore. I liked it better when people actually spoke their minds and didn't have to worry about a moderator who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I had friends here that will no longer post because they have been singled out by certain individuals and almost every post is scrutinized. I am certainly not a model member, I have caused my fair share of arguements in my day but I certainly have not been punished for the proper things. I recieved a 3 day suspension from a moderator for helping people in the spyware forum without being qualified, despite there being almost half the posts without a response. My brother who did absolutely nothing wrong also recieved the same punishment by association. That is not the same pit I joined 4 years ago.

I still like the pit, I still like most of the members and I respect the job that many of the moderators and admin do. I just don't like that I can't see my friends here because of an abuse of power by a few crooked individuals.

I don't get that good feeling anymore. I liked it better when people actually spoke their minds and didn't have to worry about a moderator who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I had friends here that will no longer post because they have been singled out by certain individuals and almost every post is scrutinized. I am certainly not a model member, I have caused my fair share of arguements in my day but I certainly have not been punished for the proper things. I recieved a 3 day suspension from a moderator for helping people in the spyware forum without being qualified, despite there being almost half the posts without a response. My brother who did absolutely nothing wrong also recieved the same punishment by association. That is not the same pit I joined 4 years ago.

I still like the pit, I still like most of the members and I respect the job that many of the moderators and admin do. I just don't like that I can't see my friends here because of an abuse of power by a few crooked individuals.

I agree that alot of freedom in individual expression has been taken away quite a bit, and suspending you for helping someone is just downright pitiful. I fear that not enough thought is being put into the consequences of certain actions, nor the judgement of the actions themselves. This forum was made generally to help people with PC problems, and everyone should have a right to help another regardless of status. Status and qualification are two entirely different things, and I would certainly deem you and many others here qualified to help people with spyware issues regardless of status.

I agree that alot of freedom in individual expression has been taken away quite a bit, and suspending you for helping someone is just downright pitiful. I fear that not enough thought is being put into the consequences of certain actions, nor the judgement of the actions themselves. This forum was made generally to help people with PC problems, and everyone should have a right to help another regardless of status. Status and qualification are two entirely different things, and I would certainly deem you and many others here qualified to help people with spyware issues regardless of status.

Unless I am mistaken, (which I could be) cpuguru must have been posting in the hijack This forum. The are VERY strict over there and have VERY clear rules about who helps who. If someone continues to post there without following the rules, they will probably get suspended. Even in the best of intentions, we need to follow the rules. That is the ONLY area I know of where just anybody cant help. Alot of damage could be caused by giving the wrong advice there so they want people that they know have been somewhat trained.

I cant blame them for that and if that is the rule in that 1 area, then it should be respected.

So as I said, if cpuguru posted in that 1 area and was told to stop and he didnt, then what choice did the mods or admins have?

If I am wrong, then I do apologize to cpuguru but the only area I know of that they will not allow just anyone to post it the Hijack This forum.

If the rules are broken, then people must be accountable. even if we disagree with the rules.

I'm kinda sorry you feel that way.

Are you suggesting that patience is not a virtue? Of course you're not. Nevertheless, I think you're mistaken in your assesment of the facts.

GD has been a wild ride right from the start. This recent storm wasn't the first to buffet our kind storefronts, and hopefully it won't be the last. But banishing misbehaving souls has never been our way in these parts. Mostly we put up with them till they finally come around or leave. And mostly that works: If you're patient.

I