Sign in to follow this  
Champion_Munch

Everyone seems to have left... :(

Well, not everyone, but there certainly is alot less of us Pitsters since several months ago. :(

Total posts today: 549

Whenever I used to check it, it was almost always more than 1,000. :(

with regards

The new and improved pitstop.

I don't miss a lot of the war type threads. Seemed most ended up that way!

If people don't want to post because those kinda threads aren't here anymore, great!! This tech help site didn't need those kinda posts anyway.

JMHO

But is that good or bad? I don't feel like I need an asbestos suit to post here now. I don't feel that a newcommer to the pit will stop in here and be chased away by the flame wars. I do feel it's a lot mellower here now.

Things had to change from what was going on, and I feel they have changed for the better. :tup:

Iraq is an horrific embarrassment so few peeps post about it.

Bush is an horrific embarrassment so we don't hear much from Republicans.

The Democrats don't even have a plausible challenger so we don't hear much from Democrats.

Tony Blair has resigned but won't leave.

His opposition, Michael Howard, has resigned but won't leave.

In short, we're leaderless, so political threads have dried up. Things are so bad at home that nobody really has any enthusiasm for debating what's going on anywhere else.

I'm experimenting with a toffee recipe which I might post later. Don't go away. :lol:

500 decent and civilized posts are far more desireable then 1000 posts of which 600 are nothing more then people kicking a dead horse around trying to revive it for no other purpose then to see what kind of :filtered: they can start.

Yeah, but "Civilized" is boring. But then again, I guess that makes me nothing but a rebellious stereotypical teenager who does nothing but get into trouble, and do drugs all day.

Edited by brandon

This tech help site didn't need those kinda posts anyway.

GD is specifically meant not to be a technical help site. It's meant to be a valve to release anxieties accumulated on other threads.

I

Edited by Iain

Just more riff-raff, huh Brandon? Damn teens anyway! Drug using anti-socials.

Wait, that was me back in 1970! :lol:

Us teens gotta stick together Dickster :mrgreen::P

Bring your 1970s self here, and hang with a modern teenager :P

True,Iain, but you must admit this "friendly" section of a tech help board was going downhill fast. Even (lol) you understand why things had to change. Should have happened before things got out of control, but still happening!

The whole forum is dedicated to pc help, which those of us that want, try to give. To see it dragged down the way it was sucked. Now, new and improved.

Still open for anyone to post what they want, as long as they stay within the rules, as it should be.

But that's JMHO

Would I have to listen to rap? Hmm... Guess I'll hang with us old geezers. ZZ Top sounds better then 50cent. 50cent? Sounds like half a music star!! :lol:

Would I have to listen to rap? Hmm... Guess I'll hang with us old geezers. ZZ Top sounds better then 50cent. 50cent? Sounds like half a music star!!  :lol:

No, I like to consider myself "well listened". I like almost all types of music, except modern country, and Opera.

Also, 50cent sucks.

Edited by brandon

I don't buy.

Patience is the most sublime of virtues.

I

Edited by Iain

I don't buy. Patience is the most sublime of virtues.

I'm kinda sorry you feel that way. I think things ARE getting better, and it should have happened sooner. But it is happening. Always thought you were one of the sharp ones, and hope you help this forum get better. ( Atthough sometimes I get lost about where your posts are going)

Always thought you were one of the sharp ones, and hope you help this forum get better. ( Atthough sometimes I get lost about where your posts are going)

Agreed. :tup:

with regards

Edited by Champion_Munch