Change Mode

AVG vs AVAST vs ANTIVIR

I've used AVG, Norton and Avast! - I'd recommend Avast!. I've not had a problem with it, the updates are frequent [three on Monday alone] and it helps keep my machine clean. I's just a matter of which you prefer and feel comfortable with, Avast! is the one for me. The only thing against it is the fact that the free version doesn't have an automatic scan, but that's no big deal really. That's what we get for being cheapskates and not buying the full version. :)

I used Avast! Pro 4.6 as my paid Antivirus (Primary), and I use AntiVir XP for my free Antivirus (Secondary)

Downfall about Avast! Pro 4.6 takes ages to complete a scan... :blink:

Downfall about AntiVir XP takes ages to update, even tho I am on a 1meg B/B connection... :erm:

Edited by cutehomoboi

Sometimes the updating for antivir goes slow (around 10 KB/s) but i don't mind waiting, since it's going to get done anyways, and it's not insanely important if the computer is not updated immedately.

I used AVG, then switched to antivir.

I prefer Avast!, but not on a weak machine. -kd5-

Yup. :tup:

We really need a sticky on AVG VS AVAST VS AntiVir

I think we need some kinda announcement about AV's in general. There's practically a new thread every day about which AV is the best, and in reality, everyone has different opinions (and AV's are constantly changing) so there really is no 'best AV.'

with regards

Used to use AVGfree, but now using Avast free which works better, especially the e-mail scanner which blocks all the e-mail tests from

http://www.windowsecurity.com/emailsecuritytest/

with no extra settings. AVG required manual settings to detect some but not all tests.

Also, there is a free active spyware detector; Arovax Shield™ from

http://www.arovaxshield.com/

which also detects BHO changes etc

I paid for Nortons...and all I got was trouble... :mrsgreen:

Now I use AVG... B)

NAV makes you pay 3 times as much for an alright virus scanner and 5 other random security additions that aren't of much use and take up 90% of your resources. :P

Trend Micro for me all the way. B)

with regards

And don't forget that the advice given on pitstop is free.  :rofl2:

:funny:

I used Kaspersky Personal Pro for awhile and found it to be pretty good.....it has good microsoft office intregration....good scanning emails(incoming and outgoing) and wasn't too bad on the resources.....you can schedule it to do pretty much everything. I was pretty happy with it. Nothing wrong with the free ones though....because either way if you're gonna get a virus you're gonna get a virus you just have to use the force and stay away from the dark side(areas that are more likely to have viruses).

Edited by Ace07