I had submitted a trouble ticket on this problem and got a reply. The problem was being caused by a McAfee program running at the same time as Super Shield. I had to use a McAfee removal tool to remove all their stuff the remove PC Matic and Super Shield the reinstall fresh versions of both from the PC Matic website. Now it works great.
Here is the complete instruction
Thank you for contacting PC Pitstop Customer Service.
Your scan results indicate that you are still running hidden pieces of the McAfee Security Suite and PC Matic's Super Shield at the same time.
Running 2 or more "real-time" anti-virus products together creates an unstable environment and actually weakens security.
This causes sluggish behavior, conflicts, false-positives, freezing and unpredictable blue screen errors.
Please go to: Start> Control Panel> Uninstall a Program and uninstall anything associated with McAfee that may be there.
Once you have removed the program, restart your computer
When the computer powers back on, download and run the McAfee removal tool to take out their remnants. <<< This is an important next step
McAfee removal tool: http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp
Once the tool is complete, restart your computer once more.
When the computer powers back on, you will want to get a fresh copy installed, to make sure to replace the files McAfee may have corrupted.
1) uninstall Super Shield from the control panel add/remove programs
2) uninstall PC Matic from the control panel add/remove programs
3) reboot the computer
4) go to c:\program files\pcpitstop (or c:\program files (x86)\pcpitstop for 64 bit systems) and manually delete the PC Matic folder to make sure that all parts are removed
5) reboot the computer
6) reinstall PC Matic from this link: http://pcpitstop.com/store/get.asp?prd=pcmatic&aff=0002
7) reinstall Super Shield from this link: https://supershield-files.pcpitstop.com/pcmaticss18.104.22.168-setup.exe open PC Matic and do another scan restart the computer (Sorry, yes one more time)