All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I hate autocorrect! It's becoming my worst enema.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Jacee

I'm in!

I second what nigsy said.... oh! btw, no problem getting in 😎
  5. Hello @Mike B. Martisko and Sorry you're experiencing difficulties with PC Matic, let's see if we can get ya squared away here. From the two screen shots you shared, it appears that you at least have one, potentially two other real-time antivirus' on the pc currently. The 2 tone(yellow and green) icon with the + sign and ! sign indicates Qihoo Security 360 being installed, this could very well interfere with PC Matic operating as you'd expect. We're also going to follow up on the 2 responses to your ticket you'd opened on July 20th as it seems that line of communication has broke down. Our email support queue is the most expedient and best way to get help for PC Matic products. From your description, not being prompted with the certificate for the Active X control means either it's being blocked by security software or the control has a problem, such as a dependent DLL file not being present on the computer. Try first shutting off any real-time security programs or firewalls that could be a source of interference with the Active X. Next, open Internet Explorer and go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled. If the issue persists, make sure that you are both installing and running PC Matic from an administrator account. You can right-click on the icon(s) and select 'Run as' and assign an administrator account. Next, run the Windows registry repair tool from the link below: http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Repair-ActiveX.cmd If you are using Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 first save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select, "Run as administrator". When you run the tool you should see a command window open and be able to watch the tool's progress. The tool may appear to 'hang' once or twice, but if you wait the tool should complete. If that does not help, set http://pcpitstop.com as a trusted site in the Internet Security Options (Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Security>Trusted Sites>Sites>Add). Remove the check mark by "Require server verification (https:)..." if necessary. If you are using Vista, make sure PC Matic is starting from an administrator account by right-clicking on the icon and selecting 'Run as administrator' to start or install the program. The browser cache may also need to be cleared as PC Matic may be trying to load from a damaged page in the cached files. In IE6 go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files >put a checkmark by "Delete all offline content" then click OK>OK. For later versions of Internet Explorer go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Browsing History>Delete> and click the button to delete the temporary Internet Files, then click 'yes', 'close', 'OK'. If the issue persists, to verify whether or not the issue is a software conflict, try running the program from Safe Mode with Networking to determine if the problem is with a third-party application interfering. Click the link below for instructions on entering Safe Mode With Networking. http://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2015/08/26/starting-windows-in-safe-mode/ The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run program, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop> if the desktop icons are not present. If the computer connects to the Internet using a wireless connection, it may be necessary to connect using an Ethernet cable in order to have Internet access from Safe Mode with Networking. Tx
  6. Hello @Art GaNung and To install PC Matic on another computer (or to reinstall on the same computer) you just need to download and install the software, then login using the same email address and password as was used for the original installation. Do not try to create an account, use the license key, etc. Just login. If you need a password lookup you can do that from the login page. You can download and install PC Matic from our customer service page at any time, or directly from this link: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/get.asp?prd=pcmatic&aff=0002
  7. Purchased this piece of garbage and it will not install on my Windows Vista Home Basic System. Keep getting error messages, and no matter how many times I remove all PC Matic Software and Download it directly from PC Matic Cite the Damn thing will not install. Spent weeks with back and forths of PC matic telling me to do this or do that to fix their Lousy program. why do I have to fix it, they should fix the damn thing. But they won't.
  8. Last week
  9. Are you using the 120mm radiator cooler that would only occupy one fan location? If so, I'd add at least another fan because those smaller cases tend to not have the best air flow through them. Also, make sure your gpu is a blower style(reference card) and not an axial type. With that small case, you want the heat generated by the gpu to be blown directly out the back of the case. Tx
  10. Hello, Haven't built PC for a while and I have a question. I want to buy Antec DP301M case and install there Corsair water cooling. The case is said to accept 3x 120mm fans in front and Corsair water cooling fan and radiator size is 120mm So 1 slot will be occupied with Corsair water cooling but there will be 2 remaining slots case's front. Question, should I add common 2x 120mm fans in addition to Corsair water cooling so I have 3 slots occupied in total. Or should I install Corsair water cooling only? What would make more sense? Thanks.
  11. nigsy

I'm in!

Having a think......but anything with no posts for 12 months needs a discussion over whether they are relevant. Ill get back to you.
  12. Tx Redneck

I'm in!

Sooo, @nigsy, what subforums would you like to purge?
  13. Quite frankly...it seems that most people have.
  14. You still can as Bitraser still exists... or you can use a free tool called bleachbit.
  15. That cool.😃 This is something i wasn't aware off. Year back when i was in need of data erasing i downloaded a tool name as bitraser for file and wiped the entire drive.
  16. In Feb. I renewed contract with you for a year. Within a week my desktop crashed from a hijacker. I lost everything! I finally got a used Toshiba laptop windows 10 that I want to replace the desktop on my contract and can add my LG 20. How do I go about this? Thanks. Art GaNung
  17. As I recall, the encryption scrambles any data and thus would require the key to decrypt it and formatting furthers the destruction since you're not intending to decrypt.
  18. nigsy

I'm in!

It's getting crowded!
  19. Does formatting an encrypted drive make it unrecoverable ?
  20. Hey @adi and To be as certain as one can be, you could encrypt the the drive, then format it again. That would ensure any data that may have been recoverable should be sufficiently destroyed. Tx
  21. Recently, i bought a new external hard drive and now it's not working fine. Since last two days, it hangs whenever i try to store data. I tried several methods to make it healthy again but nothing worked for me. Now i finally decide to replace it and before sending it for replacement i formatted the drive to prevent confidential data outflow. Now i wanted to confirm is it safe now ?
  1. Load more activity