All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi: When I try to uninstall PC Matic it's asking for an uninstall password, which I don't have. How to uninstall? Thank you!
  3. Today
  4. Upgrade to W10!! Seriously what browser are you using - I'm guessing that some browsers versions that are XP compatible will no longer work on the internet and for good reason - Security. Try MyPal: https://feodor2.github.io/Mypal/ (it's a fork of Palemoon which was based on Mozillas basecode for Firefox) but really I wouldn't advise connecting any XP machine to the internet.
  5. Hi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 laptop that's about two years old. It had some problems so I had to reinstall the OS. Now, when I rip a CD to the Windows Media Player app on it, it wont add the titles of the CDs or the names of songs like it used to just a few weeks ago. I read that the service that adds titles to songs in WMP was stopped for Windows 7 but still works for Windows 8 and above. I tried reinstalling the WMP app, and other suggestions to fix it, but still have the same problem. If anybody can tell me how to get WMP to add the names of CDs and song titles I rip on WMP again, I'd really appreciate it. It would save me a lot of typing.
  6. my desk top has windows xp it connects to the internet will allow me to go to msn but when i try to go to a different web domain it redirects me to an error page what do ido
  7. I would post a test, however it fully completes and then tosses me to a *no session* page. Anyway, I had an old Packard Bell AM2+/DDR2 which I had been upgrading over the years, vid cards and recently a processor ( AM3 CPU fits ). LOL, that was like puting a V8 into a Cortina .. the 10+ year old board died 3 months later, * POP * oops .. So, I spent $50 on a Foxconn AMD AM3 (A76MLK_3.0) PCIe V2 board that would take all the stuff off the old board, and give it DDR3 RAM and allow the video card to run closer to proper speeds. Board came as OEM, no disc. FOXCONN (channel) site is dead .. no further support of any sort, it seems. Everything I find is linked to their sites .. all of which are closed .. Some site must have stored the files. ... As, even with a PCIe version 3 vid card, the version 2 board only runs at 1.1 .. .. 2.5GTs v's 5GTs .. version 3 is up to 8GTs. Nothing in bios seems to change that .. PCIe Auto detect is off, or on .. and only seems to reduce EMI from any vacant PCI slots ... It offers a GFX engine over-ride, but that is for the on-board ATI chip, and makes no difference if any aspect is on or off. AMD standard M/B drivers work .. but nothing seems to make the PCIe lane run at the correct speeds. It has an nVidia GTX780 purring in it .. a version 3 card. Had that card in another V2 machine, and it worked at V2 .. so, any ideas, or links to active sites where branded drivers/bios can be found? Thanks in advance.
  8. @DLAugust I wasn't able to locate an account using the email address on your forum account. I have opened a support ticket in our helpdesk so we can look into this for you. Please check your email for our message. (If you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). Thank you!
  9. Yesterday
  10. I have been being billed monthly for this service and thought it was only a one time monthly charge. I do not need the service as I am now on a network which has several other anti-virus products. I do not want my credit card charged and it should not have been a monthly fee. Help!!
  11. Hola @ByGeorge and sorry for the delayed response, Thanks for the kind words, I too agree we have a wealth of great info here, both from the forums and the OverDrive test. I've used the test over the years to help diagnose computers myself and it's been very helpful, but the test not working as expected has become a point of frustration. For that, please accept my sincere apologies. The OverDrive test is running on very old technology and hasn't been the focus of our development as we've moved to more security focused software. It's not about monies, we've just evolved as a company. That being said, we are going to look into getting this rectified, but there's a possibility that we'll pull the OverDrive test offline till it's back to it's previous glory. Thanks for your support all these years and we hope you stick with us! Tx 🤠
  12. Hola @Beth Engelhardt and Thank you for contacting PC Matic Customer Support. Please follow the instructions at https://www.pcmatic.com/add-device/ to add a computer to your account. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Tx 🤠
  13. Just moving this to the correct forum.
  14. How do I get PCMatic onto my new computers?
  15. Last week
  16. Hi; What make and model do you have please? Is there a Wifi card fitted? Most either have a switch or a key toggle to turn wifi on. What do you see when you open 'Network & Internet Settings'? If yo open device settings > network adaptors > are there any Wifi adaptors listed?
  17. lol and he was only trying to help!
  18. A guy is walking down the street and he sees his friend with a black eye. He asks him what happened. His friends says, "Well I was in church and..." The man interrupts "Church! How do you get hurt in church?" The friend continues, "Well I was sitting behind this woman Angelina, and after a while what with all the standing, sitting and kneeling, I noticed she had developed a wegie. Now me being a nice guy, I pulled it out for her. She turned around "WHACK" " The man says "I cant believe you did that", and continues walking. A week later he sees his friend again and he has another black eye. He asks him what happened this time and his friend responds, "Well I was in church again..." The man interrupts "CHURCH AGAIN? How do you keep getting hurt in church?!" The friend explains, "Well, I was sitting behind Angelina again and..." "Don't tell me you did it again" "I did not, after all of the standing, sitting, and kneeling, I noticed the wegie again..." "If you pulled it out again..." "I did not pull it out. This time he husband was with her an he pulled it out for her." "Now, I know she doesn't like that, so I pushed it back in."
  19. How to enable WiFi compatibility hp windows 10
  20. hey hey hey Happy Birthday! btw nigsy, those cupcakes look mighty good!
  21. Me and 1000s of others ... running these tests has become a joke, and this was a wonderful place to get great advice. Fully complete all tests, have cookies exactly how they say, active X allowed and obviously active ... tried on 2 different machines, both exactly the same, get to the end and sit looking at a BS screen telling me I have not done anything. Lying to me about my cookie settings, lying to me about no session, how pathetic. I note also, many complain of this, yet there are no answers offered and the ones with a comment say the developers have been contacted. Well, for 3 years I have been seeing this anonymously, not bothering to log in, especially when the only reason to come here these days, is BROKE. Truly sad that the mighty $$$$ has overtaken the original site objectives, with this place, like so many good things, going to greed. The real reason things do not work for most, is so they can trap you into buying a full installed version.
  22. You, me and 1000s of others ... we wait ????
  23. Hola @CyberGeezer and Do you have a link for said Ad Remover? There are loads of products/extensions that say they're ad blockers, but in reality, some siphon your data and some get paid by ad services to have their ads shown. Tx 🤠
  24. Anyone know anything about "Ad Remover"? I am doing a trial run with it and it appears to be blocking ads and trackers from sites. Is this a good product or not?
  25. If you don't have separate sound card software..I would uninstall all the drivers; reboot the PC so it loads with the default windows ones and go from there.
  1. Load more activity