Although the Administrators and Moderators of PC Pitstop will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, we cannot be responsible for message content. All messages express the views of the author. The owners or the representatives of PC Pitstop may remove, edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules.
This is not your average Computer forum. We are proud of the fact that despite of our growing numbers we continue to remain extremely friendly to both new members and regular visitors. When posting in the forum keep the following in mind:
1) Inappropriate content (as determined by the staff of PC Pitstop) will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.
2) Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.
3) Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the General Discussions forum, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you.
4) Ask your questions on the forums. The staff gets a large number of messages containing questions, and we do not have time to answer them all. Private messages should only be used for issues that cannot be discussed in the public forums.
5) No advertising or selling of any kind allowed in the forums, this is not eBay. If you are interested in advertising, contact the site owners. If someone asks to buy something and you have it for sale, send that person a personal message. You may post a link to a website or forum in your signature. However, this is not a place to advertise your business, website, forum, etc. Anything considered to be advertising or "spam" will be removed without notice.
6) PC Pitstop is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained at this site. You should fully understand what a recommended change may do to your system. Do not give anyone you do not know the login information to your system, passwords, or personal account information.
7) Do not ask for, offer to supply, or post links to, copies of commercial software, MP3s, movies, CD Keys, Product Keys, Serial Numbers, etc. or other intellectual property for which you do not hold the copyright. Do not post full copies of copyrighted articles from elsewhere on the Internet, post a link to the article instead. You may discuss how to install and get any Peer to Peer Network program to work. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and Limewire, just to name a few. However, any discussions on how to circumvent copy protection, obtaining any kind of illegal software, MP3's, movies, etc., will be removed without notice. Do not ask for or submit ways or means to bypass or remove computer passwords.
8) Posted images should be no larger than 550x412. Images may be automatically reduced by the forum software. Images that break the forum table will be removed or converted to a link without notice. Remote avatars should be 100x100 or smaller (actual image size, not the image dimensions displayed after being converted by the forum), and no larger than 30KB file size. Larger avatars will be removed without notice. Uploaded avatars have a limit of 100x100 and 100kB. If you want help creating an avatar or resizing images, post a question on the forum asking for help. There are several members who will be happy to assist you.
(Note: Images in signatures are blocked and will only display the code, not the image.)
9) Register using only one user name, and do not "flood" the board with posts that are off-topic. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in your being banned from the forum and reported to your ISP.
10) On the upper right corner of all forum pages is a link to a TechExpress help page. Please read it so that you know how to post your PC Pitstop test results on the forum, and how to put the link into your profile properly. The profile field for TechExpress links is not an extra member title, an extra signature, or a place to put silly comments. It was made for TechExpress links only, and anything else put there will be removed without notice. Help us help you. Post your TechExpress links properly.
By becoming a member you agree to adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines are subject to change and a current version is always available in the forums. Members that violate these rules may be suspended or banned.
The Pit Crew